Sunday 22 June 2014

Keshi Is A Happy Man

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has expressed his satisfaction with the performance of his team after the 1-0 win over Bosnia-Herzogovina which almost guarantees his team a Round of 16 qualification.
An Osaze Odemwingie 29th minute goal secured a much needed win for Stephen Keshi’s team and are now within a point of a Round of 16 qualification.
“We showed good character today(after the game early Sunday Nigerian time). I liked what I saw from my players,” Keshi smiled.

“The work ethic was very good. And I’m very happy with the result, especially because Nigeria had not won a World Cup game since ‘France 98. I’m particularly happy about that.”
Speaking on the expectation of Nigerians who felt that qualification to the Round of 16 will be a tall dream.
Keshi added: “I never thought at any point that we would not qualify for the second round. We were criticized for not beating Iran, but now everybody knows that Iran are a tough team following their performance against Argenitna.
“Bosnia were tough but we had a job to do and we did it. ”
On the impressive individual performance of Babatunde Michael, Keshi said: “Michael Babatunde may have surprised a lot of Nigerians but he did not surprise me. I have faith in all my players because they’re not just here to eat Brazilian food or watch the sights,” Keshi added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like knowing my fans better. Kindly drop your comment using your name/url/Google accounts and not as Anonymous. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...