Sunday 22 June 2014

Impressive Osaze Says Team Showed Character

Super Eagles match winner against Bosnia-Herzegovina, Osaze Odemwingie has voiced his excitement for playing an important role in the team’s victory over the World Cup debutants.
Nigeria ended Bosnia’s hopes of qualifying for the Round of 16 of the World Cup with a 1-0 win late Saturday night which almost guarantees them a place in the knock our stages.
It was Odemwingie’s goal in almost four years for the Nigerian national team.

“I’m happy to be back in the team. It’s almost a joy to play for my country,” he said.
‘I was happy when the coach called me back because he felt I could contribute something to the team. My goal was the result of a collective effort. I was in a good position to score and I took my chance.
“It was a 90 minutes of full concentration by us and that helped us win today. We enjoyed defending together when we were under pressure and we enjoyed going forward together too.”
Despite scoring the winning goal and subsequently rewarded as the Man of the Match, Odemwingie reserved some words of praise for the Eagles first choice goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, who pulled several world class saves in the game against Bosnia.
“People will talk about my goal but the saves by our goalkeeper was equally important for our victory. He made several crucial saves. Everybody played his part. We played a compact game. We showed a lot of character and we are very happy with the win,” the Stoke City forward enthused.
Nigeria need at least a draw against Argentina to be certain of negotiating through Group F of the World Cup finals when they play the former world champions in Porto Alegre on Wednesday.
-Complete Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like knowing my fans better. Kindly drop your comment using your name/url/Google accounts and not as Anonymous. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...