Wednesday 9 July 2014

Redeemer’s University Student Reveals Why He Killed Father

Tolani-SAN
The 21-year-old Tolani Ajayi, who killed his father, Charles Ajayi (SAN) last week has disclosed his reason for killing him.

Tolani, a 300-level student of History and International Relations, Redeemer’s University, Redemption Camp, along Lagos/Ibadan expressway, Ogun State, who is now being detained at Police Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta said he killed his father because he provoked him. He however expressed regret, asking his mother to forgive him. He said he had also asked God for forgiveness.
“I have sent some people to talk to her that I am sorry. I have talked to my sister. My mother is still grieving, I want to give her time. It may be spiritual, so I have asked God for forgiveness,” Tolani said.

It was learnt that the 21-year-old was into drugs as he had been caught twice by his school authorities. A panel was said to have also been set up to interrogate him on drug-related matters before he committed the murder, according to Vanguard.
Tolani confessed to being into drugs, saying: “I tried those drugs myself. I might have heard it from my friends but I tried them myself.”
He said he used a kitchen knife and a cutlass to attack his father during an argument between them, but denied being under the influence of the drugs then, as the action was not premeditated.
“The incident happened around 1 a.m. when the church community would have been sleeping. It was anger that led me into this. My father just bit me repeatedly with his teeth.
“There was an argument between us and I stood up to him. He beat me with a stick and bit me. Just the two of us were at home; my mother was in Abuja.”
“My father went to the kitchen and got a stick (wooden spoon) and used it on me repeatedly and I tried to defend myself, then he bit me on my shoulder and I got angry. I used normal small kitchen knife, after I used cutlass to attack him. I regret the action.”
Speaking further, Tolani said the family resided in Abuja. “We live in Abuja, I school at Redemption University at the camp. My father came for a programme and we were on break, so, I went to meet him where he lodged. We were meant to go back to Abuja together, then, the incident happened and I am here.”
When asked if he needs the help of Nigerians, he said: “There is no way Nigerians can help me, I am going to face my judgment. I am meant to pay for what I have done. It is not as if I am ready but it is inevitable. It is something that is going to happen, I am just waiting for it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like knowing my fans better. Kindly drop your comment using your name/url/Google accounts and not as Anonymous. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...